Each year, SAC produces new Speech & Hearing Month materials to promote communication health and raise public awareness about communication disorders.
This year, we created resources with varying topics:
- Information Sheets highlighting the roles of the professions
- Their importance in long-term care homes
- Living With Aphasia Video Series
Please click on the images below to view and download our new resources.
We encourage communication health professionals and members of the public to download, print, distribute and share all of our materials to spread the word about the importance of communication health.
- SAC Position Paper: Speech-Language Pathology Caseload and Workload Issues in Schools
- Information Sheet: Collaborating with Teachers
- Checklist: Supporting Students in Dual Language Contexts
- SAC Profiles: Living with Aphasia
SAC has partnered with the Aphasia Centre of Ottawa to profile four clients of the Centre in order to help raise public awareness about aphasia and the importance of speech-language pathology services in assisting individuals with aphasia.
Each year, we host a Kids’ Contest to encourage young people to share their experiences of working with communication health professionals. If you work with children under the age of 11, be sure to encourage them to participate.